can't decide on gallery name.

AnaBo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,

Need your advice, I am opening a small gallery in Mexico in the town of San Miguel de Allende, Its a pretty artsy historic town with high tourist traffic. Known American and Canadian expatriate Community. There are so many galleries but not many photography ones, actually I only know of 2.

The thing is I am debating what to name it.
I want it to have my name "Ana Borquez" but should it be in spanish "Galeria"? my friends say it doesn't flow with my name that it should be "Gallery" don't want it to say Photography whether in english or spanish, because I'd like it to be a bit more formal and don't want it to sound too much like a photo studio. While I am open to doing portraits, the main goal is to sell my personal work.

Any Ideas??
thanks you taking the time to read and respond.

Ana's SmakDown Super Discount Photo Store
Tourists Welcome!

Nah, that doesn't work. :thumbdown:

Galería de Ana Borquez

Fotográfica Especiales

Or
Galería de Ana Borquez
Final de Imágenes Fotográficas

(fine photographic imagery)

Being your store will be in Mexico, I would use the native language for all you signage.

There are more and more wealthy Mexican people, in part, because of NAFTA. I would ensure I target them for some of my marketing $$$'s.

thanks!..
I do incline more towards something in spanish but haven't quite found the name that really catches me.

thanks!..
I do incline more towards something in spanish but haven't quite found the name that really catches me.
Do you have any sales and/or marketing experience?

The name doesn't need to catch you. It needs to catch buying customers. :thumbup:

not really, I worked in retouching so never had to actually get out there and sell.

Spanish all the way.

Of course, it depends in part who you want as clients/customers. Personally, I come across your place and see an english name, I'm thinking tourist trap and I keep going.

Galería de Ana Borquez sounds good to me but I don't speak Spanish so I don't know if it is correct language :(

What did they decide to do about the parking and traffic situation in the centro area? Did they install meters or did they implement the residents-only parking permit program?

What part of town will your shop be in?

Well that translates literally as "The Gallery of Ana B.." which i find not to sound right. maybe something along the lines of Ana B... arte fotografico (photographic arts)???

What did they decide to do about the parking and traffic situation in the centro area? Did they install meters or did they implement the residents-only parking permit program?

What part of town will your shop be in?

About the parking, well its just first come first serve, it super hard to park in the center, there are a couple spots that are 2hrs only. No meters and no residents parking. I always park far away.
My gallery is in Cuna de Allende St. on the side of the Parroquia across the street from La Capilla restaurant used to be. :sillysmi:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back