Can't decide what camera is good:S

pantera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so my old digital camera got stolen a few weeks ago at a party. It was an awesome camera, well for me atleast I just used it to take pictures when I go out or what not. it was Nikon coolpix__ don't remember the number...But it took great pictures, the colours were always bright, sharp photos, not too bright.. So I thought hmm maybe I'll just get the same camera or atleast a coolpix one. So I bought a Nikon coolpix S9. It's very slim and has no lens that pops out it's just flat( if you look it up you can see what I'm talking about) The salesperson said that it wont affect the quality of the pictures or whatnot. But the pictures turn out blurry sometimes..most of thetime the flash is too strong so faces of people look white! basically I hate it! So I'm going to return it and I need suggestions on what a good quality Nikon or Canon camera would be! and I got this one for 250$ (canadian) SO probably in that price range, maybe a bit more.

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know a lot about cameras in that price range...they change so often that it's hard to keep up. They all seem to be pretty much the same. I don't know why some seem to give better images that others when they are so similar. Most of them can be adjusted to suit your tastes...so maybe all you need is to fiddle with the settings of the one you have.

Mike pretty much said it.

some cameras can have their flash strength adjusted. there is also a possibilty that the camera you've just bought has no optical zoom - only digital which could be what you're seeing as bluirry images. Digital zoom merely interpolates the pixels and therefore sharpness and quality is lost.

your best bet is to find a camera review site and read what others have to say about models and make your choice from there.

Most reactions

Back