Can't decide which shot is better composed or more pleasing.....help?

DavefromCt

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like both shots but would like some opinions as to which is more pleasing to the eye....thanks!

Attachments

• ladder mossy1.jpg
    ladder mossy1.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 209
  • ladder mossy2.jpg
    ladder mossy2.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 213
I like the second one better.

They are both good but I like 1 better but crop out the far left pier.

Definitely number 1. The crab or lobster pots at the top help give a more complete story.

I prefer the wider, more-encompassing view of the scene. I LIKE the traps at the top!

I prefer the first one but would compose it so that the ladder wasn't quite so centrally positioned.

The first one is much more interesting.

I didn't even notice the traps at the top until someone else mentioned them, so I don't think they add much. No. 2 for me.

both are good in their own regards. I prefer #1 myself.

#1 for me. A few comments:
--I'd crop #1 so it accentuates the vertical lines in the ladder and ropes.
--I also wouldn't put the ladder in the exact center....rule of thirds and all that...so a portrait orientation (and crop) can accomplish two objectives with one action (by placing the ladder off-center).
--#2 (to me) looks over saturated b/c it focuses on the algae on the ladder so it looks like paint or overly enhanced green and but you see it in context (i.e.: #1), it fits.
--the lobster pots don't stand out but they're red...and that works very well with the green of the algae in a very subtle, unconscious way that enhances the composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back