Can't Place My Finger On It

littlesandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sandraleephotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
But there's something about this set I did for a friend yesterday that I just don't like. Other than the blown out spots, I can't figure it out.

She - on the other hand - is absolutely in love with them.

What's your take?

This was her idea, she was resting against the tree and thought it'd make for a great shot - it's not my favorite.

n507588758_347200_6062.jpg

n507588758_347204_6974.jpg

n507588758_347205_7193.jpg

n507588758_347207_7635.jpg

n507588758_347209_8107.jpg

6. This was a complete candid, but she's such a fun girl and just ended the shoot by jumping into snow banks and the likes.
n507588758_347212_9095.jpg

Thanks for looking

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I really like number 1, I like the composition of the shot and the lighting even though it is slightly harsh. It is the most creative in the series. Number 4 is a very nice shot also, however, it is somewhat generic. I don't like the pose of number 3 but that just me and the technical aspect of the picture is pretty good.

RowmyF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I like #1 but feel the bark is a distraction...
Overall my feeling is I that the model has such beautiful eyes and they don't quite shine in any of the photos

I like #2 but think there isn't enough light on her face..I think a reflector would have worked wonders for you on that shot..but I do like the pose and framing..it looks like a catalogue shot.

dbrandon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.viaus.co.uk
Photos OK to edit
I really like the composition of the shots. You had a great model and you were pretty lucky with the natural light, sometimes it just isn't on your side !

Colours are brill too. My only critisism is that they feel a little soft to me. If she's in love with the pics, you're done a good job ! :D

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Photos OK to edit
I like them all with the exception of 1 and 5. (And then only because of the squished eye.
Nice job!

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
There's too much tree in the first shot, and she's squinting a tad too much. Otherwise it could have been great. You're aware of the highlight issue.

Number two is your winner, hands down, though I hope whatever's on your computer is much sharper.

Number three doesn't do a lot for me. Too much back showing, and her expression is a little strained, probably from her neck which is a little strained.

Number four could have been a wonderful headshot but she just didn't pull off the soft-smile.

Number five is nice in terms of exposure but her face is too tense...you can see it in the squinting and the jaw muscles.

Number six is nice but I believe her face is a little out of focus.

OP
littlesandra

littlesandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks :) I really appreciate such quick and wonderful input.

These are alot sharper on my computer, I always resize before posting online, habit I suppose. :)

Holly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like them.. Agree with the first lots of tree... Have you tried the Unsharp mask?? I like the soft look, but also want to see her eyes.. I think with the unsharp it will help make her eyes pop

OP
littlesandra

littlesandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
Photos NOT OK to edit
I should add I'm shooting these on my new 55-200mm VR Nikkor lens, and alot of my images from that lens come out quite soft.

I shall try the unsharp mask and see how well it works for me :)

Most reactions

New Topics