Can't Wait

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I'm super excited, I decided to order the Nikon 50mm f/1.8G lens for my Nikon D5100. I can't wait to get started with it, should arrive by Wednesday. I will be leaving or Michigan this weekend - to anyone who saw my Michigan photos last year, anyone have any advice on what to change or do with my new lens? And for everyone else, what were your first experiences with the 50mm, and what should I take some practice shots of?

Thanks!

The first thing I do with any new lens is do my own bench-testing. I set the camera up on a tripod in my back yard, and take a series of photos at ISO 100. I run the lens through all the apertures available, then pixel-peep the images to check for sharpness at both the center and corners. This let's me know the sweet spot of my particular lens, not someone else's results based on their copy of the lens.

The first thing I do with any new lens is do my own bench-testing. I set the camera up on a tripod in my back yard, and take a series of photos at ISO 100. I run the lens through all the apertures available, then pixel-peep the images to check for sharpness at both the center and corners. This let's me know the sweet spot of my particular lens, not someone else's results based on their copy of the lens.

I take it out of the box but hey, different strokes and all.

Good idea! I've never done anything like that before. I'll try that out.

Most reactions

Back