Canyon Falls

micatlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Nikon N75
Fuji 400

CanyonFallsAdjSmall.jpg

this picture looks to me as if you caught nature at it's best.
Like you snuck up on it while it was performing.

Nice perspective. Really tough exposure situation you've got here. I'd consider cropping off the sky because it makes the eye compete with the falls & it helps with the contrast as well.

I like this shot, where is this?

photobug said:
Nice perspective. Really tough exposure situation you've got here. I'd consider cropping off the sky because it makes the eye compete with the falls & it helps with the contrast as well.

I thought about cropping the sky as it's kinda blown out a bit. I should have used a graduated ND filter, but it was 1/2 mile away in the car. I liked to see the overhand I was crouched under so left the sky. I think I will take your advice and see how it looks though.

The falls are on the Sturgeon River north of L'Anse off of M41 in Michigan's Keewaneau Peninsula. It is a short 10-15 minute walk down from a little rest area to the falls. The river canyon the falls are is really cool, especially if you like geology. I'll have to dig through my pics and see if any of the others are worthy of posting.

photobug said:

How about this crop?
CanyonFallsCropped.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back