Capable flash on a budget.

Statementshooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, I am new here and this is my first post. I have been shooting with a nikon d5100 and I want to buy a capable flash, any advices on a quite capable flash ? I am looking for something up to $150. I was looking at the sb-600 but it's too expensive. While I might be able to extend to 150$ i would most likely want to stay under $100 so that i can use the rest of funds for triggers and other expenses. I am open to all advices and all reliable brands.
Thanks
-Statementshooter

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Someday you will want an SB-910.

No ttl? I love my sb28's
It has a PC port, good recycle time, and supports a battery pack + it has some good power

Using manual modes for both the camera and flash unit, is less complex and earies to learn than using auto/semi-auto camera modes and flash unit TTL modes.

I was looking at the yn 468 but i wasn't sure if it was worth it. I didn't know they made a ttl version of the 560 so that's great. I want to have a ttl flash because even though i shoot in manual 95% of the time on my camera and i'd like to do the same for the flash, i don't want to lose shots because i'm trying to set the flash. I will eventually use it in manual but i think ttl is still important. A guy at adorama also recommended a nissin di466. What do you think would be the best bet for my money ? I was not planning on spendind that much right now so i want to make sure i purchase the right stuff. And if you could recommend a good inexpensive trigger to use off camera. I'd like to get into low key photography. (Keep in mind, i'm a college student with no job so my expenses are quite limited)

I was considering one of those old nikons also but given the fact that they're 10-15yrs with no metal shoe mount. It's kinda risky i think.

Most reactions

Back