TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.v12digital.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
8721815271_86d88347b8_o_d.png

Critique welcome. :)

I can't get far enough away from the bright sun to see the rest of the image..even when I force myself to look at the rocks on the sand, my eye keeps getting sucked back to the left. What's there on the right is marvelous...just overshadowed.

I can't get far enough away from the bright sun to see the rest of the image..even when I force myself to look at the rocks on the sand, my eye keeps getting sucked back to the left. What's there on the right is marvelous...just overshadowed.
+1

For solutions, I would suggest either a gradient neutral density filter so that you can darken the sky but not the land, or multiple exposures and a simple/realistic/minor bit of HDR to do the same thing in post.

Everything else but the distracting sun is absolutely fantastic, though. Everything.

Great location. I would have shifted to the right to bring the edge of the sand and rocks closer to the left, and let it lead the viewer into the image as an arc going to the right. Id also use a GND or multiple exposures to bring the sun under control. Great start!

I did take bracketed exposures, but the sun area wasn't defined on the darkest shot either. Maybe I'll do some manipulations in Photoshop.

Most reactions

Back