Capitol Shots

1hdr4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are a couple of HDR shots I took inside the Capitol building in Des Moines, Ia. I'm using raw files in my camera where as before I was only shooting in jpeg. Hope it makes a difference. Any comments are welcome.

Attachments

• $Capitol 10 Resized.jpg
    $Capitol 10 Resized.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 204
  • $Capitol 9 Resized.jpg
    $Capitol 9 Resized.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 206
Whatever the number of shots you took for these it wasnt enough. The highlights are still blown. Was there a color shift in the second image?.....EXIT signs are usually red but its green here. Whats the fascination with the over saturation of color? The second one isnt so bad, but the first one isnt good at all. The goons are going to show up soon because I didnt say I like these. Oh well. They could be better.

1hdr4u this is one of the goons I mentioned in my first post.

Wow.

All I did was offer a VERY plausible and, frankly, probably more likely explanation.

Are you seriously that fragile, Bynx?

Last edited:
JRE313 has some competition......

This place looks like a great place to shoot.

You have some big time blown out areas in both pictures. I favor the second photo for composition and processing but, you still have some work to do. I think you really needed more exposures to get more of the DR in.

In dark areas its almost a given you are going to need many exposures, keep that in mind. Oh and if your in a low light area with windows...yes more exposures on both ends and more so the under exposed side to get the details in the highlights.

That building is just damn hard to shoot in.... exceedingly high dynamic ranges, and all sorts of different color temps for lighting.

Thanks for the helpful comments guys...as I said in one of my other posts, I'm still learning.

I have some more shots to do of this building but I have not done them yet.
good start though!

Would you mind posting the RAW's for the second shot so we can take a stab at processing them?

Would you mind posting the RAW's for the second shot so we can take a stab at processing them?

Here are the shots I used for the second photo that you wanted to see what you could do with them. I couldn't post them in raw format of course so I had to post them in jpeg. Good luck.

Attachments

• $DPP_0001 Resized.JPG
    $DPP_0001 Resized.JPG
    576.4 KB · Views: 183
  • $DPP_0002 resized.JPG
    $DPP_0002 resized.JPG
    394 KB · Views: 154
  • $DPP_0003 resized.JPG
    $DPP_0003 resized.JPG
    711.4 KB · Views: 179
The files came in very low res but huge size....So there was a lot of banding going on. I did my best to make this look good with what I had to work with. You really needed more exposures on both ends but more so on the under exposed side.

capitol shot by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Whatever the number of shots you took for these it wasnt enough. The highlights are still blown. Was there a color shift in the second image?.....EXIT signs are usually red but its green here. Whats the fascination with the over saturation of color? The second one isnt so bad, but the first one isnt good at all. The goons are going to show up soon because I didnt say I like these. Oh well. They could be better.

It is good to have all opinions.

The files came in very low res but huge size....So there was a lot of banding going on. I did my best to make this look good with what I had to work with. You really needed more exposures on both ends but more so on the under exposed side.

capitol shot by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

good job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back