Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So let me know what you think.

So todays word:

Captive
cap‧tive  /ˈkæptɪv/ Pronunciation[kap-tiv]
–noun
1. a prisoner.
2. a person who is enslaved or dominated; slave: He is the captive of his own fears.
–adjective
3. made or held prisoner, esp. in war: captive troops.
4. kept in confinement or restraint: captive animals.
5. enslaved by love, beauty, etc.; captivated: her captive beau.

Captive
No longer free

1)
IMG_5791.JPG

2)
IMG_5799.JPG

3)
IMG_5798.JPG

4)
IMG_5773.JPG

And the captor:

5)
IMG_5816.JPG

I thought the blur on the captor keep his identity hidden and kept a mystery about him.

Whats your thoughts?
On edit was resize and border.
Shot in RAW.

u have really got a nice feeling of clostrafobia (Fear of small spaces) and a glimps into this girls mind nearly like shes in a mental inst. great job

Thank you.
Its exatly what I was going for.
Was playing with flash units and using paper as a reflector or to shape the light.

Hmmmm...cool shots. Held captive by the media? Not sure if you were going for that. I like them!

Thanks guys.
Appreciate the comments :)
I prefered the ones with the beams of light aswell.
Just fun to play with different effects in the same series. I'll add more to this later today as I have more time on my hands to get things setup properly. :D

I like to leave my pictures open to interpret after I've given them a title or definition.
I wasn't going for the captive by the media tho. Hehe. Just thought the newspaper on the wall added to the effect rather than having a my walls and carpet in the shot. In fact, I know it looks better as I tried it without the newspaper when I was doing test shots.

I really like the concept you have going on. My favorite is number 2. I like how the black is surrounding her. Kind of makes it more "alone". And number 4 creeps me out. Thats a good thing though, since I like it when I'm creeped.

I really wish that number 3 had more contrast though. Other than that, I like them alot.

Kind of had a the concept of having a slit in the dorr for the first two.
The first one has a rectangle of light on her face, the second one a much bolder light in the corner.
Then the third I had in mind for it to be like the door is being opened, which is why It's much lighter. But I agree that it does look a bit bland and contrast would make it bolder.
Thanks for the input.

I like this series, but I think I would try a reshoot after modifying the papers... They are hung right-side-up,left/right. In other words, they were installed in a way they are easily read which takes away from the photo. If I were going to take someone hostage and line a wall with paper, I wouldn't care about the orientation of the papers. Nor would I care they are they are perfectly aligned.

Just some ideas. I love the shots though.

a small chair or tick-marks on the wall (counting days) would be interesting too.

I think the idea is kick ass, but i think that if you used newspapers with articles that had alot of bad headlines like stuff about war, natural disasters, etc.. it could be even better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back