capture NX2 vs lightroom feedback - budget for PP software

pokopelo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to buy post processing software but I am on a budget... a very tight one that is... I have a Nikon d60 and most times need to give some photos a twist, as you all know, PP I believe is as important as taking the photo sometimes even more... I have downloaded the capture NX2, so far it has done good for the basic PP that i've needed, but before i go ahead and buy I want some feedback or recommendations on a budget software...
I've heard about photoshop lightroom also but haven't still looked at it as an option, please provide some feedback to a newbie...

thanks.

there are a lot of threads here about lightroom.. first.. its not called Photoshop Lightroom.. photoshop and lightroom are 2 different programs, both made by Adobe

Lightroom is amazing, as has been said many times on here.. I wont re-write everything that has been said about it, because thats dumb.. just do a search in the forum for Lightroom..

telling us your on a "tight budget" doesnt really help us.. because whats tight to you, might be different for someone else.. but, to let you know, Lightroom (which is the only program I use for editing.. because it is so powerful) is going to run you around 300+ (USD) gimp is good, but my understanding is, it has a learning curve... lightroom is just as simple as clicking a button or 2 and you've got some amazing edits

i've never used GIMP before but the other day I downloaded Aurora for free (because of the one day free download offer) and its not a bad program. obviously just like any regular PP software like Google's Picasa its limited to what you can do with it.

its not called Photoshop Lightroom.. photoshop and lightroom are 2 different programs, both made by Adobe

I agree they are 2 different programs but adobe's webpage has it as "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2" so it is photoshop lightroom...
check it out Adobe - Photo Management Software - Photoshop Lightroom

i'll research a little about it, and my spending limit would be below $300 i don't know if there is another program that is good and is below that mark. i don't know about the limitations of capture nx2 vs lightroom, but the price is almos half

capture nx2 and lightroom really dont compare.. lightroom is a full editing program, from import to print, capture does MINOR edits.. and catalogs

Most reactions

Back