Capture one Pro 11 Help

Fujidave

Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On my old slow laptop I had a lot of GB on it think it was 100s, but I just put just over 120 Raw and Jpegs in a new catalog and it says 46GB left WHY. This new laptop has 1TB HD and 128SSD.

On my old slow laptop I had a lot of GB on it think it was 100s, but I just put just over 120 Raw and Jpegs in a new catalog and it says 46GB left WHY. This new laptop has 1TB HD and 128SSD.
You put it on the wrong drive. SSD is probably C or D, 1TB drive is probably e or f.

Hi JC, on this new laptop I have the C drive and a D drive. The D drive is 956 GB and empty, when I downloaded C1 it just went in automatically.

Hi JC, on this new laptop I have the C drive and a D drive. The D drive is 956 GB and empty, when I downloaded C1 it just went in automatically.

Yes. You want the application to install on the SSD, C Drive. The files to be edited should be placed in a folder created on the D drive, your TB drive. Back up your D drive as well, especially since you purchased an HP. They typically use Toshiba or Seagate drives, or, at least they used to, and they are cheap drives with high failure rates. I used to be able to dial in recommendations on hardware but they have all gone Chinese cheap these days. It's like a luck of the draw now a days. The best laptops today are actually produced by independent companies that are not mainstream. I trust they will fall by the wayside as mobile has taken over. HP is not a brand for pro's. They have no regard for VRM's (Voltage Regulator Modules). These are a key component in the difference between good and bad hardware.

Dave, just back up your important data is all I'm saying. The laptop is fine and all that. They all operate on a similar plane, spec wise.

Dave I would find it odd if the SSD wasn't designated as C. That said 128 GB is easy to overload, I opted for the 256 GB and really wish I'd gone bigger yet. This is what I was telling you was so difficult with reloading programs, that some would by default want to load unto the C: drive, I had to get creative to get them over the 1 TB D: drive. Mine also came with a lot of "bloatware", that I neither wanted nor ever would use - all of which were on the SSD. By going through and uninstalling all that, you can save some much needed space. Then go through the software that's loaded on C:, if it's not something that speed is important on like (windows, photo editing, etc) uninstall it and reinstall it on your D: drive. I'm not sure, because I have no experience with Capture One, but I believe like LR, I think you can load your catalog on the C: drive and your raw files on a D: drive.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the advice, will have another look later as off to pick up Susie from Mums. Have never done anything like this before so will take my time and see what I don`t need that can be deleted off like bloatware.

It is this Dell I now have, will have a good look through it later to see what to keep and what to delete.

Inspiron 17 7786 2-in-1 Laptop with Dell Cinema | Dell UK

Computer manufacturers now days are like cable tv companies that give you 200+ channels but only a half dozen that you really want. Unfortunarely all that crap on a computer takes away resources. After loading all the essentials that needed speed on C:, I used right at 100GB. Right now I have MS Edge, Firefox, and Chrome all on C:. I'll probably do away with one of those, unless I can figure out how to force them over to D:. I keep LR catalog on C:, but all the raw files, tiff, JPEG, backups, etc, go to D:. Photoshop is on C: but the files are on D:, and an external SSD is used as a scratch disk. With both LR and PS open I haven't noticed much slowdown.

Well I`m back from picking up Susie. So far what is showing is, OS ( C: ) 50.2GB Free of 101GB
Data ( D: ) is empty but says 931GB is Free of 931GB

I have managed to delete off some stuff I`d never use or games never played, I have NEVER EVER done a Back up in the whole of my life as I just don`t know how too, or even move things about ie: photos to the hard drive etc etc.
PS: I did manage to uninstall OneDrive as just did not like that my photos kept going in there.

Well that looks better now, just put todays photos from C drive into D drive and opened up a Session in C1 I can now see it shows 922GB left.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back