Capturing tilt shift type photography without proper lens?

AshD_UK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I was thinking of doing some tilt shift type photography tomorrow, I have the latest copy of photoshop but don't have the proper tilt shift lens. Can I do it manually with my Nikon D80?

On a separate note, does anyone have a D80 and have they tried any HDR images? Think I read the D80 has settings for it so would like to try it too.

This is a film forum.

Hey Guys

I was thinking of doing some tilt shift type photography tomorrow, I have the latest copy of photoshop but don't have the proper tilt shift lens. Can I do it manually with my Nikon D80?

On a separate note, does anyone have a D80 and have they tried any HDR images? Think I read the D80 has settings for it so would like to try it too.

Well...no....that's why they make the "proper lens".

Well...no....that's why they make the "proper lens".

Actually, I don't see why you couldn't. Mind you, I shoot film and have never used a d80, but I've done tilt shift stuff with a 35mm slr. I don't see why it would be a problem.

Just do a search online for 'freelensing'.

Just do a search online for 'freelensing'.
Interesting. Never hear of that before - I'll have to give it a try.

I'm mostly shooting on a 1N RS these days, so I don't have to worry about the mirror hitting the lens if it gets too far into the body (the mirror doesn't move on the 1N RS). Not sure if that would be an issue anyway though...

Most reactions

Back