Car accident today

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
No serious injuries...
Happened in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
I dont like how I cropped the left door off, but I didnt realize this at the time.

33accident.jpg

Doug Raflik
[email protected]
http://www.wxnut.net

Oh my! That looks a lot worse than my beemer did when I hit the guardrail on a slippery road on the last day of October! I could save my beemer - this is a write-off, isn't it?
Is this YOUR car or did you just happen to be at the scene??????

The cool part about this photo is that I can see it in a newspaper or something. Under a headline like "Man dies in tragic accident." You should look into some photojournalist work. Unless that's what you do =p.

So this shot was for the paper? How well does something like this pay? do the police ever give you trouble for trying to take these type of pictures?

Very small town paper. I get $30 for shots, unless it makes the cover, where I get $50. When I first started submiting to them, they said they paid ALL freelancers $15 per picture. I told them they would not be getting anything from me then, as it was not worth my time. They saw my portfolio, and agreed my shots would be worth it. I am guessing the $15 are for the person who just happened to be near a scene with a camera, and will be excited to see their name in the paper. I go after this stuff on my own, so I need a little more than that for it to be worth the trouble. As far as the police go. Stay out of the way and do not touch anything. Get your shot and get out, and they will leave you alone.

never mind the door on the left.. the shot is great :)

Most reactions

Back