car chargers and batteries

PatK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a new Canon EOS rebel xsi and am trying to get a car charger. Is is OK to get one of the less expensive ones from Amazon? They sound OK, but I don't want to damage my battery. Also are the non Canon batteries OK? Any advice?

Can't comment about the car charger, but I bought an off brand battery for my XT/i when I had them, and was not pleased with its performance. It wound up not holding a charge within 6 months of purchase. So I just always get Canon now. I would be curious to hear others experience with this...

Can't comment about the car charger, but I bought an off brand battery for my XT/i when I had them, and was not pleased with its performance. It wound up not holding a charge within 6 months of purchase. So I just always get Canon now. I would be curious to hear others experience with this...

agree i have some non canon cells and they are not half as good as the canon ones

as for the charger, should be fine. as long as the voltage and that is the same as the canon one. Charger is a charger

Might think about a power inverter about $25.00 ++
Then you car use your charger that came with your camera
Troy

Might think about a power inverter about $25.00 ++
Then you car use your charger that came with your camera
Troy

Agreed, just get one that has surge protection of some kind. Cars tend to be all over the chart when it comes to putting power through the device and spikes of power can do damage to the electronics plugged in to the inverter.

I'm not familiar with a power converter. That gives me something else to research. Thank you.

I'm not familiar with a power converter. That gives me something else to research. Thank you.

Actually, we're talking about an inverter, not a converter. An inverter is a device that converts direct current into alternating current, (DC to AC). A converter converts AC to DC. DC power comes from a car (battery) and AC come from your house, what you plug things into. In order to use your house charger in your car you need to use an inverter.

I get it. I've never heard of that either. I'll look them up. I sure am learning a lot, thanks again.

Most reactions

Back