Car meeting

Here is one I did last week at a car meet. I'm hoping the weather is nice for tonight to try and get some more.

I hope this doesn't come across as rude or mean, but I have to say...what I am getting out of your posts mostly is "what settings?...what setting?" Someone already answered that the settings are dependent on the situation.

There is not magic settings to use to make it look great. It is all dependent on the lighting of your location.

I highly recomend you learn how to use your camera. You should know how to adjust the settings yourself and adapt to your surroundings to make the shot. It is something we all have to learn to take great pictures. I am still learning this myself, so I am just sharing noob knowledge with you.

Read on here about how aperture works, how shutter speed works, what composition is....and how you tie all these things in together to get the shot. You really need to learn the basics and how to bring it all together. Knowing the definition of aperture, shutter speed, etc... does not mean you know what it is. You have to learn how to apply it.

I am saying it like this to you because it was how it was told to me. I learned from it. I hope you can too. You have the joy of cars and photography, and are around cars alot. You should be able to pick it up quickly as you'll have lots of opportunities to practice.

I would also recomend downloading some courses too to help you learn. lynda.com has some great ones. Of course, read here and learn from the other members as well. ;-)

Here is one I did last week at a car meet. I'm hoping the weather is nice for tonight to try and get some more.

This is a better shot but the car is still under exposed. It is making the car look dirty. Keep shooting until you get the shot straight out the camera. My goal is to be able to print exactly what I shoot. Yes I still edit them and tweak them but getting right in the camera is so much more rewarding. And almost every shot will have different settings. Remember that the setting will also be changed by your style and once you find your happy place.

Thank you very much for the constructive comments, I am aware that each pictures will have differents settings, I was just curious about the one used for that shot, specially for the aperture value. I know that my pictures are far away from perfect, but I want to know what I have to work on first while learning the theory, all is about the limit of 24 hours in a day... that I'm trying to bypass... unsuccesfully... So, if my composition is at least near acceptable, but my lightning comprehension is horrible, I'll know what to work on. You are the best judge to tell me what's wrong with my pictures.

Thank you!

This is a better shot but the car is still under exposed. It is making the car look dirty. Keep shooting until you get the shot straight out the camera. My goal is to be able to print exactly what I shoot. Yes I still edit them and tweak them but getting right in the camera is so much more rewarding. And almost every shot will have different settings. Remember that the setting will also be changed by your style and once you find your happy place.

The HDR processing is what is making it look "dirty"

These need to be in the daytime....the dark is not helping

Just suscribed to Lynda.com and finished the course on night and low light shooting, 4 hours done, 50 to go! Thank you for the link (kind of pricey, but it worth it!)

Most reactions

Back