phil-ray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just one of the photos of my car i took today since it was a nice morning

please comment

014.jpg

Hi,

My tuppence worth is...

The car is dirty, which doesn't show it off to its best, same with the dent in the bonnet. As for the composition, the lines and reflections are quite nice, but they need to be squared so they are vertical, and perhaps clone the join in the concrete.

Cheers,

Kipper

thanks for the comments

the dirt is stone chips on the front splitter, just to clear it up

also u say theres a dent in the bonnet? theres not, i presume u are talking about the reflection of the dent in the wall above the carwhich is reflecting on to it? if not that which dent are u talkin about?

thanks for the comments

I'd second most of that.

Great idea, the execution of which could be improved on. I think Kipper was quite right in commenting on the distracting join in the concrete and the alignment of the pattern. If - like me - you're not great with Photo Shop or other methods of editing, maybe moving the car might have produced better results: away from the concrete gap and maybe closer to the garage?

Mind you: If this was a spur-of-the-moment photo, I think it's fine as an experiment. I've done the same - seen the reflection and just snapped away as you can see here (with the house I live in reflected in the car's rear). Hope you don't mind my adding to your collection of car reflections... :D

auto001b.jpg

auto001.jpg

I just don't see the point to this photograph. So you went out and took a head on, dead center photo of your ford sedan...?? Boring if you ask me.

thanks for the comments

the dirt is stone chips on the front splitter, just to clear it up

also u say theres a dent in the bonnet? theres not, i presume u are talking about the reflection of the dent in the wall above the carwhich is reflecting on to it? if not that which dent are u talkin about?

thanks for the comments

Hi,

I looked again and it seemed like 100mph squashed flies :D , and indeed you are right the dent I thought was there is the reflection of the dent on the door.
The point of the picture? Boring fiesta - maybe, but I quite like the attempt at symmetry and reflection. There is someone else on here that does the same in car parks, so the reflections are quite interesting. I guess the only other thing to say is that the shadow is falling awkardly so perhaps a change of location/time of day might be a good idea.

please comment

Sorry, this thread had to move to the General Gallery.
Photo Critique is a special forum (see FAQs for more info) and general comments can be had in the Galleries.

cheers fror the comments and Crit, guys. it was a little spare of the moment photo, was parked up seeing a friend at work and walking back and thought the reflections are pretty nice.

as for a boring photo, it may be a little but for me its all practice in my hunt to improve my car photography

Most reactions

New Topics

Back