car photography, need pointers!!

kayla.r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
alright so I'm a newbie on here, I shoot with a canon t3i and my more favorable lens is a 50mm 1.8.
I was just curious what's the best way to get crisp car photos? I love car photography, but a lot of the car shows I attend are later in the evening and my photos turn out grainy and not so great. Do I absolutely need to have a tripod when shooting in low lighting? Also I am looking at buying another lens that is pretty versatile, and I'm interested in 24-70 mm?? just looking for some tips. Thanks all!

I was just curious what's the best way to get crisp car photos?
The best way to get crisp car photos is to put the car in a studio so you can light it effectively.

Unless you use strobed light (flash) - yes, you need to have the camera on a tripod so camera movement/shake is eliminated and won't be recorded when using a long shutter time to account for the low level of light.
The duration of a flash of light is often able to substitute for shutter speed for stopping camera movement/shake during an exposure. However, with cars we have to be very aware of the light direction/quality and reflective surfaces on the car.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back