Car photography

Stylesp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to photography and have been taking pictures for about a month. I am mainly into shooting cars but I take pictures of everything.
Tell me what you think, constructive feed back is the best
df3334b5.jpg

2a3a116c.jpg

fcf86286.jpg

Thanks for looking!!
I have more pictures from the blue Volkswagen R32 shoot to if you would like to see them

Good luck... keep trying ... at the moment your shots look like snapshots......could be your choice of location that kills it for me

Im not sure of the term snapshots? sorry if you could explain, thank you!

Snapshots are just photographs that were taken without any consideration toward background, composition, etc.

Your first one, for example, would have been much better if you had cropped it showing just the car and it's reflection in the water, and with a wider aperture to blur the background.

The second would be better cropped without the bridge overpass.

Take a look Here

You've snapped here without paying close attention to controlling the image you were making. You've got ideas, but the execution shows a lack of knowledge of how to produce the image. They would be great craigslist sale images.
Vehicle photography is really very complicated. It's a LOT of lighting gear-even in the full sun light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help, hopefully with some time and reading i can get better.

Yeah I have a lot of work and possibly a new lens ahead of me before my pictures look the way i want. lol

Yeah I have a lot of work and possibly a new lens ahead of me before my pictures look the way i want. lol
The 18-55 is actually a rather good lens, you just aren't using it properly. Take the time to learn about exposure and how shutter speed, ISO, and aperture relate to each other. Read up on how different aperture settings affect the depth of field. You've got a good camera and a decent lens, you just lack the experience to know how to use it well.

There are some excellent tutorials Here that will help a lot if you take the time to study them. Before you start throwing money at more lenses learn to use what you have. You'll be surprised what that lens is capable of when properly used.

The 18-55 is actually a rather good lens, you just aren't using it properly. Take the time to learn about exposure and how shutter speed, ISO, and aperture relate to each other. Read up on how different aperture settings affect the depth of field. You've got a good camera and a decent lens, you just lack the experience to know how to use it well.

There are some excellent tutorials Here that will help a lot if you take the time to study them. Before you start throwing money at more lenses learn to use what you have. You'll be surprised what that lens is capable of when properly used.
thank you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back