Car Photos for C&C

Michael Touchette

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I'm a big car enthusiast and love taking pictures of my car. It is a 2004 Volkswagen R32. Here are a few of the pictures I've taken that I think are the best. I'd like some input from some photography enthusiasts. What am I doing well? What can I do better? Thanks!

r32_2.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3148_2.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

The first one is the one that I think works.
To improve for next time watch your reflections because the reflection of the power lines almost ruins that one.

The first one is the one that I think works.
To improve for next time watch your reflections because the reflection of the power lines almost ruins that one.

I just got a circular polarizer, I'm hoping that will help out on those reflections quite a bit. Any other comments??

I am also a car nut, and photo enthusiast, for me... everyone but the first one looks great. first one has too much glare off the top of the car, like to the point that it is hard to make out the top of the car from the background. The background is a little distracting in the first as well.
the only way #2 would be any better to me... would be with the "WV" in the center was right side up lol that's about it

also might be worth a shot.... selective color.... make everything in B&W except for the car. The car is SUCH a great color to do selective color on!

these are just my opinions on your pictures, no professional by any means, I just know what I like when I look at a car picture

#1 could be better if it wasn't so centered. And as Adam said.. watch your reflections.

#2 could have been improved by not clipping off the bottom/side of the wheel.

#3.. Just doesn't look appealing to me. Looks like a missed snapshot.. And i you even took the picture on the shadow side of the car.

#4 is good, a way to improve it more though would be to decrease your aperture to something smaller. Cause the 32 is a bit fuzzy.

Nice care though, I've always liked them.

Most reactions

Back