Car pics

Feezor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I just went out and tried to take a couple pictures of my car. Trying to practice and get better at car pictures seeing as how I will be doing a big car event coming up (for anyone that knows "subiefest" at willow springs on 10-9-10) and want to get some good pics.

During that event I will have a canon 70-200 2.8 IS these were taken with my canon 24-105 IS and my T1i

Any input is welcome

You will have a hard time taking pictures of parked cars with 70-200mm with you t1i.

But the 70-200s are sooo sharp! :thumbup:

I should have mentioned it will be at a race track and I will be taking pictures of the cars on the track

id take both lenses. the70- 200 for the track shots and the 18-55 for the parked shots. how i shoot a car depends on what i want to get out of it. if your doing it for someone and its a large event, i'd rather see a shot like your first one that shows the whole car. the second one is something id do if i was shooting one car and doing allot of pics for it. id suggest getting there early. less cars to deal with. the sun is lower and better to deal with.

Always point the face of the wheel towards the camera. At a car show try to look for angles that will not have alot of distractions in the backgroound. Enjoy the show. If only it was closer to me.

Tossing my $.02 into the ring, being an auto enthusiast, I have to say these are not flattering. As far as quality of the pic, they are good but the angles, crops, reflections, location, etc, are not a flattering portrayal of the car. With few exceptions (but there are some), the back end is not the pleasing one...especially with a partial plate.

I should have mentioned it will be at a race track and I will be taking pictures of the cars on the track
Then you'll find the 200 mm isn't enough reach, and you'll be doing a lot of cropping. Cropping means discarding pixels.

Then you'll find the 200 mm isn't enough reach, and you'll be doing a lot of cropping. Cropping means discarding pixels.

You can get pretty close to the track. last year my point and shoot camera had enough zoom for how close you could get. This year I will be trying different spots and obviously better pictures than my P&S

Most reactions

Back