Cardinals

FergusonK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple of shots from my yard today. Two female cardinals kept coming in for food.

femalecardinal.jpg
femalecardinal2.jpg

Nice images. If I could suggest some things - in the first one, I would have cropped it a lot closer to see more of the bird, and in the second one, I might have been tempted to wait and see if it turned its head to give me at least a one-sided view. Birds from behind just aren't as compelling as birds from the side or front.

WesternGuy

I had a closer crop of the first one, I didn't like how it looked. It's not as sharp as I would have hoped.

In the second one, I had only a fleeting moment. I still like how it turned out even without her looking. May not be as appealing, but, I rarely get the opportunity to do moving animals.

Right after I took these a falcon swooped in and grabbed a bird off a vine. I tried to creep closer and get a shot of him but when he saw me he took off with his kill. The birds were done feeding after that.

Here's the second crop that I don't like as much.

femalecardinal.jpg

Not as sharp as I had imagined it would be. Not good enough in editing yet to fix it.

I had a closer crop of the first one, I didn't like how it looked. It's not as sharp as I would have hoped.

In the second one, I had only a fleeting moment. I still like how it turned out even without her looking. May not be as appealing, but, I rarely get the opportunity to do moving animals.

Right after I took these a falcon swooped in and grabbed a bird off a vine. I tried to creep closer and get a shot of him but when he saw me he took off with his kill. The birds were done feeding after that.

Here's the second crop that I don't like as much.

View attachment 119161

Not as sharp as I had imagined it would be. Not good enough in editing yet to fix it.

It's fine. Nice capture of a wonderful pose.

Still not a bad image. I am not sure if it is out of focus, or you have started to reach the cropping limit of your image. I can't say without knowing the gear you used to capture it, or if you tried to sharpen it with the software that you are using.

Interesting bit about the falcon swooping in for a meal - now that's the action to capture, if you can and I know how hard that sort of thing can be.

WesternGuy

In the first one it looks like the focus hit on one of the branches. What camera and focus mode are you using, we may be able to suggest some settings adjustments that could help :headbang:

Most reactions

Back