his4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stonecafecreations.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
teaandcards1.jpg

Any suggestions on how can I make this better? Or is it to busy? I want to use it on my website to discribe my biz. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks! (The pic needs to be this big to fit, and I need the empty space on the right for the links. Is the empty space dumb??? I dunno... you all are more wise in this area... help will be much appreciated... please no photo editing... thanks )

I like the idea of this for your business site.
As to improvement, I'm thinking that first of all you need to change the angle/pov. Try shooting the whole thing from right above. this way you'll have a more objective look. also, I'd brighten it a little and I'd slightly bump the contrast.

Good luck with this and post the results later if you reshoot :)

Am I having visions here or has our dear Alexandra from Montreal posted again!?!?!? :hugs: Alexandra! Where have you been?

Now as to this photo, my first impression was: too many midtones, too little contrast. Then I read Alexandra's ideas and tend to also share her view on the POV ...right from above would help this, too.

And I personally find the sepia tones too yellow, but that may well be only me... but contrasts are needed here, more than those that are there. They are still a bit "shy".

i agree. from above would be more webpage-esque, and the tones are too middle of the road (see: "how you bean?" should should be white, but it's kinda grey-sepia right now. Likewise, the black isn't quite black either.)

Ok... I will try again. I'll have to go out and buy another muffin. I ate the last one after the photoshoot. :confused: It was very good. :mrgreen: Actually it was not a muffin... it was a banana cupcake. Anyways I digress, I will also try fooling around with the old shot to get the contrast and stuff right for practice and then I will repost that one too. Thanks so much for you coments.

EDIT: Speaking of muffins... If I shoot this shot from overhead, will not the muffin look like a boring circle? Will anyone tell what it is? Or should I get a donut or bagle instead. (I'm thinking bagle... donuts are so fatting. ) I like my muffin. What do you guys think?? Thanks for helping.

his4ever said:
EDIT: Speaking of muffins... If I shoot this shot from overhead, will not the muffin look like a boring circle? Will anyone tell what it is? Or should I get a donut or bagle instead. (I'm thinking bagle... donuts are so fatting. ) I like my muffin. What do you guys think?? Thanks for helping.
My thoughts are that you could break the muffin in half as if it was being eaten, or place the muffin on it's side.

megapaws said:
My thoughts are that you could break the muffin in half as if it was being eaten, or place the muffin on it's side.

Good thought... what a bummer tho... I just went to the store and bought two bagles (one with sesmes and one without (for texture reasons)) and a frosted donut and a blueberry? scone. I wish I had your comment before I left. That is a great idea!!

Most reactions

Back