Care to see my lizard?

Stretch Armstrong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! I have been slow and shy about posting my work, but here it is. I just got a new macro lens. Any and all suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated.

The specs: 100ISO 100mm f2.8 @ 1/200sec.

Attachments

• $20070527-IMG_0985.jpg
    $20070527-IMG_0985.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 48
  • $IMG_0984-1.jpg
    $IMG_0984-1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 64
Sometimes I'm a little shy about showing my lizard, too.

About the photograph, the lizard, or showing my lizard?

Good job, especially in the second one, of getting the detail of the scales, and the shades of colour by its eye.

Good job, especially in the second one, of getting the detail of the scales, and the shades of colour by its eye.

Thanks! I know the shot is screaming for more color but this guy changes with his background.

I appreciate your words.

The second one is very cool. Nice detail. You should try shooting him/her against a more colorful background. Maybe down at the beach, or with a sunset in the distance, or posing with a beautiful lizard of the opposite sex.

haha... "beautiful lizard of the opposite sex" how can you tell if the other one is beautiful? isnt that subjective? cool photos, but yea, too bad there isnt more color

You can tell by how the first lizard reacts.

The second one is very cool. Nice detail. You should try shooting him/her against a more colorful background. Maybe down at the beach, or with a sunset in the distance, or posing with a beautiful lizard of the opposite sex.

Thanks. I need a more cooperative subject. I thought I was going to have to nail this guy to the deck rail to get these shots. I declined concluding that it would somehow subtract from the overall composition. But I wanted to!:lol:

Would be like the dead parrot skit. Everyone looking at the shot for critique would be going "Yeah, the detail is really nice and the exposure is pretty spot on...the only thing I don't really care for is the nail through it's abdomen..."

Would be like the dead parrot skit. Everyone looking at the shot for critique would be going "Yeah, the detail is really nice and the exposure is pretty spot on...the only thing I don't really care for is the nail through it's abdomen..."

You know the more I think of it that may have been the answer to my lack of color problem. Just add blood and guts.

Most reactions

Back