Careful out there kiddos.

RunJZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Was out yesterday evening and very literally stumbled onto this little guy. Thankfully my leather boots to the grunt of his cranky after I stepped on him while walking through a field. Never saw him, never heard him until I was coming down with my foot. He started rattling and I barely put any pressure on him before pulling my foot back and basically turning inside out he struck my boot as I pulled away.

After I gathered myself, I ran back to the truck for my camera because I was actually doing something completely different and snapped a few pics. I really like how they turned out.

I would label them both as "Too close for comfort" :)

fa4b26e7655e1383224563a882dc55e7.jpg

fb01e0df2e35d2a15667bea5b215c2a1.jpg

Nice! And extremely ballsy!

I don't know if I would be brave enough to have gone back after he was already agitated

But it did make for 2 great photos

Wow. Nice shots and thank goodness for boots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really love that first shot - you couldn't ask for better, arching pose - tongue out - rattle raised up! A bold shot indeed once agitated, but certainly a fantastic shot! Glad neither of you were harmed!

Good shots! We come across them in cottage country sometimes, usually the camera is miles away.

I don't know if I would be brave enough to have gone back after he was already agitated

But it did make for 2 great photos

I have been around several of them and caught a good number as well. Never to do anything more than let the person or people with me touch them. Their scales are all ridged but they are amazingly smooth to touch. They are awesome creatures. As long as you respect them, then they are never a big threat.

I actually moved him out of the talk grass and into some nearby shorter grass to take the pictures. The grass he was in was nearly waist high. After I stepped on him, he actually curled right back up and tucked his head away.

I took these laying flat on the ground from about 5' or so. Once or twice I lost focus and had to move back.
This one was the perfect size and species. They seem to be fairly predictable. Like in the photos, they are ready to strike but don't ever advance towards you. The smaller ones just don't cooperate as well and the big ones are far less predictable. I don't mess with them at all.

Cool shots. One of the benefits of living in the Northeast no poisonous snakes.

Nice shots.

People are so misinformed when it comes to venomous snakes. Few are aggressive,most just want to be left alone. Water Moccasins are a totally different story. I've had one see me and turn and start in my direction. I'm kind of a lazy guy but I beat feet.*

Spectacular photos, that's why I pick #1 for
Nomination for POTM!!!

I really appreciate that! This is the first set in a month or two that I am really proud of! Several pictures in this set turned out great!

Beautiful photos! I'm glad you were wearing boots in that environment.

I took these laying flat on the ground from about 5' or so.
I love snakes, and grew up watching them all around my village. But even I wouldn't have the balls to do that.. Amazing click, worth the nomination.

Most reactions

Back