Careful out there kiddos.

Nice shots.

People are so misinformed when it comes to venomous snakes. Few are aggressive,most just want to be left alone. Water Moccasins are a totally different story. I've had one see me and turn and start in my direction. I'm kind of a lazy guy but I beat feet.*

Agreed, but the snake in this pic clearly chose to fight, instead of fly, from the pose.. He is ready to strike if he needs to!

Outstanding shots! The first is just perfectly composed. Really glad everyone walked away unharmed, too.

Nice shots.

People are so misinformed when it comes to venomous snakes. Few are aggressive,most just want to be left alone. Water Moccasins are a totally different story. I've had one see me and turn and start in my direction. I'm kind of a lazy guy but I beat feet.*

Agreed, but the snake in this pic clearly chose to fight, instead of fly, from the pose.. He is ready to strike if he needs to!

This snake actually went right back to resting after it struck me. Curled right up in a ball and ticked his head away. I actually moved him about 5' from where he started to get a shot that wasn't of him in deep grass. This is a cell phone pic but orbits exactly how he went back to after I stepped on him. I made him cranky when I moved him.
f6038a7d90e6beb046b5b59a8eedeb88.jpg

It's a great ad campaign for wearing boots in the boonies...really for that matter, anywhere. It only takes one doing what this one did or the moccasin I shot last week to convince you flip flops or tennis shoes aren't going to stop a snake. Do be careful, boys and girls.

#1 just great!

glad it got nominated

Even here, where stepping on a venemous snake would be one in a million (we do have the Massassauga rattler but they are endangered and only really populated in one small, very marshy area), I wear sturdy boots for hiking. It's just good sense. Even a thicket of raspberry brambles under tall grass can ruin your day if you're wearing sandals. Let alone bitey things.

OH! And I really love photo #1. It's fantastic. I love the washed out colours.

Most reactions

Back