Carina Nebula

smenkhare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Carina Nebula is one of the brightest nebulas in the southern sky and is located between 6,500 and 10,000 light years from Earth.
Photo is a total of 2hours exposure. taken with a takahashi FSQ-106 and an SBIG STL-11000M
eta%20carinaL-L.jpg

Beautiful! What gear was used to make this shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful! What gear was used to make this shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A takahashi FSQ-106 telescope and SBIG STL-11000M camera

The Carina Nebula is one of the brightest nebulas in the southern sky and is located between 6,500 and 10,000 light years from Earth.
Photo is a total of 2hours exposure. taken with a takahashi FSQ-106 and an SBIG STL-11000M
eta%20carinaL-L.jpg
Gorgeous! Well worth the 10,000 year wait for the light to get here!

Phenomenal. I am speechless. What a grand universe we live in! Thank you for capturing its beauty to share with us. Wonderful work.

Always enjoy seeing Astrophotography on here, but I'm at work and it's giving me the red X. :( I'll have to check at home.

Lovely image.
AP at that level of quality doesn't happen by accident.
A lot of experience, and a fair amount of time that was used to make that image.

If the Takahashi telescope is the ED version it's a $5000 or so tool if bought new and with no mount.
The specialized astrophotography CCD camera is an additional $7200.
There is no way that I know of to do high quality AP on the cheap.
I would not be surprised if the OP uses $20,000 (or more) worth of gear to do AP.

If the Takahashi telescope is the ED version it's a $5000 or so tool if bought new and with no mount.
The specialized astrophotography CCD camera is an additional $7200.
There is no way that I know of to do high quality AP on the cheap.
I would not be surprised if the OP uses $20,000 (or more) worth of gear to do AP.

Keith, It is indeed expensive. Fortunately with the high end setups you can rent time on them rather than buy it.

Most reactions

Back