Carolina Auto Show

smcaskil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.crimesceneblog.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I visited the Carolina Auto Show in Charlotte, NC and grabbed a few pictures. Without a tripod it was tough going, but I managed to get a few good shots. You can see more of the images HERE.

222069269-M.jpg

222064275-M.jpg

222075109-M.jpg

222080675-M.jpg

222085663-M.jpg

That whole auto show was probably filled with "touch me and you die" cars.

Actually most of the cars were just "normal" ones. There were 2 Porshes and one of them was roped completely off so you could not touch it.

They also had the GT500 locked so you could climb in, something that aggravated me to no end, since I will never spend that kind of money on a Ford.

It looked like your shutter speed had to be relatively slow since the lighting was poor, so great job having a steady hand!

I agree if I had a lot of money looking to buy a car it likely wouldn't be american. I might as well by a fancy european one like a lotus or something. :wink:

If I had the money for a car like that...I actually would probably get the Ford GT. Those things are beautiful machines.
I hope you guys know what that is..lol

It looked like your shutter speed had to be relatively slow since the lighting was poor, so great job having a steady hand! :wink:

Here is some of the data from the pictures:

Mustang:
Exposure Time 0.04s (1/25)
Aperture F/5.0
ISO 1600
Focal Length 23mm

The other pictures varied from .2s (1/5) to .0666s (1/15) exposure time and I dropped to ISO 100.

If I had the money for a car like that...I actually would probably get the Ford GT. Those things are beautiful machines.
I hope you guys know what that is..lol

I have lusted over the Ford GT a since I first saw it in pre-production. OMG, Awesome! But 150K will buy a lot of D3's, Phase one backs and looooong glass. Priorities, what can I say.

I think the pictures are just like all other car pictures on the web.. but the cars are nice though ;) :D

toteki (or anyone),

I am going to try and make it to a drag race Friday, weather permitting, and if you have ideas on some interesting perspectives for cars, let me know and I'll try them out. I usually get back into the pit area so I can get closer to the cars that way.

Saw your reply to late, but I am curious for your shots !

Should be able to get some nice shots of the cars seeing the fact you could go in the pit area !

;)

Yes, it would have been nice, if it had not been in the 50's and drizzling in my area. I decided to wait until they start back up again in the spring, when the weather will be a bit more cooperative.

Plus, there are other places in this area that have car shows and a track that has driver training with BMW's that might be interesting to visit.

Here are a couple from years gone by, shot with an Olympus P&S.

215965709-M.jpg

217170314-M.jpg

217170322-M.jpg

Thing that I have to say about these pics, is that I find the heads very disturbing.. maybe next time try to get a seat in the front row or photograph in between two people's heads..

Like the 1st and 3th one, to bad in the first one the car is out of focus and the people are sharp sharp.. but it looks cool with all the smoke ;)

The front rows were crowded with folks gambling, LOL and this was with an old point and shoot. I couldn't change the shutter speed on it so it was just what I managed to get.

I am very anxious to try my hand at this type of photography with the new camera. It was this type of event where I found my old camera lacking.

Most reactions

Back