Cars and Coffee

onehundredoctane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been attending a few local Cars and Coffee meets for the last couple of months, it's always a free for all and huge crowds, getting decent shots of the cars is usually not possible. I've snapped a few I figured I'd share. I'll try not to let this be a thread where a few pics get posted and the thread dies off! So be prepared to see a few new pics each month :) while snapping these random pics I'm trying to improve my "eye" for what makes a good photo, improve my editing and like the rest of you. . . become a better photographer.

Pic1
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/7934288650_b8fcb2c7e9_b.jpg

$7934288650_b8fcb2c7e9_b.jpg

- Purpose:
I wanted emphasis on the "GT-R" emblem (obviously) because Nissan has made such a rich racing history for the GT-R in Japan which has just in the past few years been brought over to the United States. Overall I was aiming for a finished product comparable to what you would see in a sales brochure at a dealership, yes I know it's not perfect that is why I have included some critiques of my own.

Critiques:
- Yes I realize the surface of the car has a little road grime on it, I can't go around cleaning other peoples cars just for one shot, and I didn't feel like editing it out since the car actually gets driven and doesn't live it's life under a car cover.

-The car in the background looks overly saturated and probably should've been edited out.

-The person in the back ground and the lisense plate both need to go.

Last edited:
Yes I realize the surface of the car has a little road grime on it, I can't go around cleaning other peoples cars just for one shot, and I didn't feel like editing it out since the car actually gets driven and doesn't live it's life under a car cover.

Hahahah that would be funny.
Anyway, i liked the picture!

Either include the tail light or get rid of it completely, for me it's a distraction. Focusing more on the GT insignia and shoot with a smaller aperture so the Nissan emblem is a bit more recongnizeable might work better for what you were trying to convey. Composing that way would at least eliminate the other distractions you pointed out on your own.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back