Cartoonish looking images when printed!!!! Help!

artsiimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a new photogher. I recently shot a wedding, and used photshop for editing. When I printed the pictures from my lab, the pictures looked great! However, when the newspaper printed the same picture, it looked AWFUL! It almost looked like a cartoon, and the picture looked really orange and their lips looked like a funky red! I do not know what is causing this. Is there something in photoshop that I need to change? I don't know a lot about color profiles, so if you could be specific, that would be great. Please HELP!

And, I didn't want to mention that this has happened EVERY time so far... no matter what picture it is. All of the other pics that the newspaper prints are fine, just not mine! What am I doing wrong?

Newspaper printers have a copy person that does the color management on the print. Printing on a newspaper is alot different than a photo. The print guys at the newspaper normally use a CMYK mix.

So what you might want to do is make a seperate print for the newspaper folks, adjusted in CMYK just for them vs the RGB that you use for your photo prints.

Yes, call the paper and ask what they require for photo submission. It's likely that they require an image in the CMYK color space.

Thank you guys SO much for this information! One thing though... I am really not very familiar with color profiles and CMYK. Could you please explain how to save it using CMYK in photoshop. Thank you again!!!!

Thank you guys SO much for this information! One thing though... I am really not very familiar with color profiles and CMYK. Could you please explain how to save it using CMYK in photoshop. Thank you again!!!!
While the image is open in photoshopclick on:

Image>Mode>select CMYK color that converts your image to CMYK. When you're done with the image save it. Then go back to Image>Mode> and change back to your normal colorspace.

It amazes me on this site how you can get answers to almost anything! The wealth of knowledge from the members is priceless!

This is really interesting. I'll likely never use it, but still....good to know, just in case.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back