Case Closed.

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well i'm so lost for something to do at the moment so i end up taking shots of anything. Thought i'd try adding a border etc as it's something i've never done before. Is there an easy way in Photoshop CS3 to centre the text layer in the image?

Case Closed

redcrosshat-r.jpg

I'm a sucker for low-key and can't stop using flash and snoots etc, only problem is there's beautiful weather outside and i keep finding myself in a semi darkened room lol it's not healthy. :lol:

[PP: RAW adjustments, saturation, levels, brightness/contrast, smart sharpen, slight reposition of the hat and a black brush to make sure the blacks were indeed black.]

I suck at photoshop according to other members on here :D but if you want to center text, just highlight the text layer and on the top of the panel there are options to center text every way imaginable

that photo made me nod my head and say "nniiicccee" outloud. very cool image. honestly, didn't see the text at first. don't know if i care for the font used but i like the title. i too would like to see a bit more light on the detail texture of the hat but overall - very cool image.

now get outside and play! ;) cat

(who am i to talk... i was supposed to be outside at 7am.... *yawn* yah, that didn't happen - and here I am on the forums AGAIN.) :lol:

Oh yeah, I forgot, sweet capture... I actually like the amount of light...I woulndt change anything about it, its perfect...except that text....it's awful :lol:

you know what? i take that back. after a relook (and the sun going away from glaring on my screen), i decided i do like the detail just as is. nice job! cat

Thanks for the comments guys. I did try a little more brightness at first but i just felt it lost its 'mood' a bit, although, i see what you're saying a little more detail would have been nice. (well, the detail is there on the original size, the reduced size jpeg doesn't do it justice)

Yeah, i'll need to have a look through the fonts available or get some more, see if i cant find something better than that lol, shouldn't be difficult.

Oh, and i managed to find a way to centre the text, thanks for the tip though toofpaste, appreciated.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back