Castle Fantasy.

Exposure, detail and colour are excellent but it is in composition that I see problems.

The castle is centred in the frame and as the centre of interest should be much closer, a third of the way into the frame and showing some of what the castle looks over.

I would move much closer, higher up and use a wider focal length for a more dramatic effect.

skieur

Exposure, detail and colour are excellent but it is in composition that I see problems.

The castle is centred in the frame and as the centre of interest should be much closer, a third of the way into the frame and showing some of what the castle looks over.

I would move much closer, higher up and use a wider focal length for a more dramatic effect.

skieur

thanks for commenting...however for me the comp works fine and shows what I wanted to, which is where the castle is located, the side of the hill on which it is placed and the path leading up to it. I agree it breaks the traditional rules of composition, but I like doing that and I like the diagonal division of the frame. Also to take a shot halfway up the hill and use a wide angle would have distorted the castle and although I like to do that sometimes, it was not what I wanted this time....plus it still wouldn't have afforded much of an idea of the view into the valley.

I like it alot! I'm very interested in learning more about the techinique. Do you have any sites or info that would help me out? Or, since you're obviously very good at it, maybe start a new thread explaining it a bit. I know very little about infrared color photography. Again, nice work.

This is a great image. I love the feeling it conveys. Kudos!

thank you very much.

I like it alot! I'm very interested in learning more about the techinique. Do you have any sites or info that would help me out? Or, since you're obviously very good at it, maybe start a new thread explaining it a bit. I know very little about infrared color photography. Again, nice work.

thanks glad you like it and happy to hear about interest in IR....check these links out.
http://irphotocom.proboards49.com/index.cgi

http://irbuzz.blogspot.com/2007/02/links-related-to-ir-photography-visit.html

Very nice indeed, great composition plus it really pops :)

thanks a lot George :D

absolutely lovely, complimenti! ;)
where is it? anywere near pordenone?

Most reactions

Back