Castle in the Sky

windrivermaiden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In Gum/Oil. Prussian blue base with burnt sienna.

castle-in-the-sky-GO.jpg

I really like this one - it's a little contrasty, but I don't know how you control that with contact printing. At time of exposure or at time of development...?

This print has a near-bromoil quality to it that I happen to love. :love: It looks like a charcoal etching, and the blue base is perfect. I can't tell from this scan that there is any burnt sienna in there, and am guessing it shows up beautifully in person.

Nice one! :thumbup:

Gum Oil is pretty contrasty and gritty by nature. I admit to having been some what impatient to see the final product. So, Just one layer of oil color.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
One can get more tonality by etching less of the hardened gum off, then drying the print, adding more oil color to it and then etching again. As many times as the paper will allow. Or so I have read. So far I've done just the ones that you see here. But the day is young.

On this one I rubbed in the prussian blue, then etched it a tiny bit and then added the burnt sienna. The actual print is slightly warmerbecause of that.

I need bigger negatives. This 8.5 inch limitation is killing me!

'tis as shot for cropping. The raggedy border is caused by the brush marks from the application of the gum dichromate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back