Casual Portrait: Dalvin

I think it's a great capture. Love his smile to pieces and no problems with the flare. :)
Having said that I'm with Lew on this one, the shirt and shorts compete for attention.

Great portrait - very genuine. Would look great on the mantle of the family's home. I like the first one and the black and white the best. I think the subdued colors don't really represent the mood and personality in the photo like the vibrant colors of the first, do.

I wouldn't make it too contrasty, because if it does get printed, some contrast will already be added due to the differences in viewing the images on a backlit screen vs. paper.

And I agree about the top left corner. Clone that sucker out.

Regarding his clothing: this was not a paid or planned "session." He was photographed spontaneously, as he was a guest at my daughter's bonfire. So I didn't have much say in what he was wearing, but even if I had had a say in what he was wearing, the outfit would be fine for me because it says a lot about him, his age, and adolescence. I think his clothing goes with his smile. It's youthful and hopeful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back