Cat Faced Spider for C&C

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this scary critter in his web on the side of my house last night. I still don't have a dedicated macro lens so this was taken with my superzoom and heavily cropped. I tried to get a more "face on" angle, but I ran out of light by that time. I was trying this handheld and shooting at 1/500 to keep it sharp at such a long focal length, but then I had to jack my ISO all the way to 800 to get the shot. I may pull out a tri pod later and try again, so C&C is very appreciated.

$14662145630_1a385d84b1_c.jpg

Run, do not walk away slowly. Scary beast there. Nice shot. Ed

I bet nobody says to that thing "here ***** ***** *****"

... It's body looks like a snack. Like a mis-shaped goldfish.

Run, do not walk away slowly. Scary beast there. Nice shot. Ed
:Giggle: This is one of the reasons I was scared to get another angle. To get the face on shot I wanted I had to be DIRECTLY underneath the web. I was TERRIFIED he was going to jump on me. By the time I got enough courage, the light dropped too low.

I bet nobody says to that thing "here ***** ***** *****"

... It's body looks like a snack. Like a mis-shaped goldfish.

Heheh, DH and I spent last night naming it and we actually decided on *****. Great minds think alike. ;-)

This this is pretty huge too for a spider around my area. From far away he looked so strange that I thought he had caught something. After an hour of him not changing shape I HAD to get a closer look. This one isn't any good, but it shows the body shape, which from this angle does indeed look like a hello kitty head.$14872000983_22cec491e4_z.jpg

Cool-looking spider. I am not familiar with that species. SPiders do not jump on people as a general rule...they kind of stay with their webs most of the time if they are on a web.

what a weird looking spider, great photo nice and sharp.

John.

Cool-looking spider. I am not familiar with that species. SPiders do not jump on people as a general rule...they kind of stay with their webs most of the time if they are on a web.

Wish I would have known that yesterday. I nearly jumpped off my walker when it went to grab a bug I didn't notice flew into the web. All I saw was it crawling straight towards me! Scariest thing I've ever photographed. :giggle:

what a weird looking spider, great photo nice and sharp.

John.

Thanks, John! Luckily google tells me its harmless or I may not have slept last night! hehehe.

Funnel web and Camel spiders chase you. Why are scary things always hes

Most reactions

Back