Catchng some sun light.

Way too many blown out areas, the dog is OOF and it looks, from the blue shadowing around the burnt out spot on the muzzle, like the PPing dial was turned up to 11.

Sorry.

Lew

Thanks lew but may I ask what is PPing 11?

I think he means your cranked the Post-processing wayyyyyyyyyy up past where it should be. I agree that this image has adopted some unpleasant characteristics from what I assume was overly heavy post-processing (PP) to deal with an unfortunate exposure situation.

Ah ok, thanks.I knew something looked weird. Could the blue cast be the ocean water reflection that she is sitting in front of. The water looked exceptionally blue looking today.

Last edited:
>
PPing dial was turned up to 11.
At least the image has some contrast and is pleasant to look at, not like Lightroom processed images without any character. Looks almost like a slide film, nicely saturated and with some clipping.

The Dial 11 through me off, no biggie though.

The Dial 11 through me off, no biggie though.

That's sort of a joke from an old movie (Spinal Tap) where a rock band member is proud of his custom amps that are engineered to go up to 11 rather than the normal 10.

Lew I can see why you like shooting street shots. This is only my second attempt but there something about it that's exciting but I have no idea what it is. Maybe I really loved that dog or something I dunno.

Last edited:
I know what it is for me.
Most other photography is focused (no pun intended) on the mechanics of technique and managing light to get the shot to record what you see.
Street photography takes that for granted and is intent on telling something, grabbing an idea or a feeling and showing it to someone.

I have friends who love to take pictures of sunflowers and its a big deal when a local farm's flowers are in bloom.
They rush up and shoot hundreds of pictures of flowers.?
And what is there to that?
Someone else in the same spot will get approximately the same thing.
And in the end, there's nothing else. It's a picture of a flower.

With a good street photo you are capturing your own thoughts about life and showing that.
Screw all that technical crap.
Who cares, it's just not important.

I know what it is for me.
Most other photography is focused (no pun intended) on the mechanics of technique and managing light to get the shot to record what you see.
Street photography takes that for granted and is intent on telling something, grabbing an idea or a feeling and showing it to someone.

I have friends who love to take pictures of sunflowers and its a big deal when a local farm's flowers are in bloom.
They rush up and shoot hundreds of pictures of flowers.?
And what is there to that?
Someone else in the same spot will get approximately the same thing.
And in the end, there's nothing else. It's a picture of a flower.

With a good street photo you are capturing your own thoughts about life and showing that.
Screw all that technical crap.
Who cares, it's just not important.

That makes perfect sense. BTW I know my opinion my not be as valued as some other members but I do like your Street photography and looking forward to see more of your work. Behind the lattice and girl warming her hands are some of my favorites shots.

Most reactions

Back