Caterpillars

orionmystery

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
orionmystery.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice, I really like the first one. Best of luck on the laptop, I hope everything can be recovered!

Nice, I really like the first one. Best of luck on the laptop, I hope everything can be recovered!

Thanks kyrontf. I have most of the raw images in my four CF cards still. Just need time to rePP the images.

The last one looks so alien

Thanks for the comment.

i love the first photo, everything is in such sharp focus! Cool looking caterpillar and i like the curve of the plant lol. Number two is odd looking! I've never saw a caterpillar like that before.. I enjoy your pictures :thumbup:

i love the first photo, everything is in such sharp focus! Cool looking caterpillar and i like the curve of the plant lol. Number two is odd looking! I've never saw a caterpillar like that before.. I enjoy your pictures :thumbup:

Thanks, JessicaLynn.

Again...GREAT work! I am fixing to get started in some macro work and would love to know a simple, beginner set up for still and in-animate objects. What would be a good start such as flash, a tripod, etc. Budget around $300...if that't even possible.

Again...GREAT work! I am fixing to get started in some macro work and would love to know a simple, beginner set up for still and in-animate objects. What would be a good start such as flash, a tripod, etc. Budget around $300...if that't even possible.

Thanks Carol. Don't think you can get any macro lens for US$300. You should be able to use the 70-200 to photography bigger objects/subjects such as dragonflies, butterflies, caterpillars, flowers etc. Just start using natural light. You might need a set of extension tubes so you can get even closer i.e. achieve higher magnification.

The first image is wonderful. That second caterpillar is so weird (in a good way!) :thumbup:

These are both so great! That second one kind of weirds me out a little, but in a good way ;) I read the post too quickly at first and I thought you meant that you have a 5 yr old and their laptop broke lol.

These are both so great! That second one kind of weirds me out a little, but in a good way ;) I read the post too quickly at first and I thought you meant that you have a 5 yr old and their laptop broke lol.

Thanks, Regan. :D..no..my laptop :p

Thanks Carol. Don't think you can get any macro lens for US$300. You should be able to use the 70-200 to photography bigger objects/subjects such as dragonflies, butterflies, caterpillars, flowers etc. Just start using natural light. You might need a set of extension tubes so you can get even closer i.e. achieve higher magnification.

I should have been more clear...I have a macro lens on the way. The budget of $300 would be for tripod, flash, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back