cathedral rock

sedonaaz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I know that this is a HDR shot but I don't think it is over done so I am posting it here. I would like to hear what everyone has to say about it. I like the HDR stuff as long as it is not over the top. Is the shadow line to distracting or is it just me? As much CC that you folks can give would be great.

cathedralrockthecrossing.jpg

Hi,

Couple of points I'd make on this,

Firstly, it's very hard to assess the photograph with writing on it, my eye is being constantly drawn in particular by the right most writing. I know why it's there, but it's really not helping you.

My main issue is the foreground, it's too dark. Leaving aside the sky line, if the entire photograph was this dark I'd say it was underexposed, as it forms such a large portion of the image it warrants attention.

The framing isn't bad, although I'm not convinced about the tree in the left, the more I look at it the more I wonder whether it adds or detracts from the image.

I'm not sure what you are referring to by the shadow line, do you mean the line between the trees where they change from dark to light green? If so, I'd not be concerned about this, it doesn't really catch my eye.

Steve

The "photmatrix" is on the photo, as this most likely is a trial version the OP is using.

I agree the comp may be better with if it was portrait shot, and tighter. I kind of like the shadow of the sunrise. If the photo was tighter It would look different, how different, I do not know.

Ur framing is good...but it seems liike to much contrast on the mountains...it's to lighted up.

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are referring to by the shadow line,

Thank you for your imput. The line that I am talking about is the shadow line just above the water in the tree line. As for the writing I will be buying the full version today it's only 100 bucks.

Most reactions

Back