cats and more!

jweebo2004

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A few more shots featuring cats. Also, I really like the lamppost and bridge.

HPIM0740.jpg

HPIM0730.jpg

HPIM0710.jpg

HPIM0886.jpg

HPIM0841.jpg

Enjoy!

oh so sweet what a lovely cat in picture #1

I like the bridge ahehehe..cool

Too bad that black cat's face was in such a shadow.. I would love to see more of its facial features. The bridge is neat. But I would probably crop the rooftops out of that last picture. Pretty cool set, though :)

Sorry about #3, it was the way the sun was shining in from behind him. And here's another try on the lamp post.

lamppost.jpg

I do like that better...thanks!

Jennifer, in cases like the one described in Photo 3, i.e. a backlit BLACK cat, you'd be wise to use the flash of your camera to give the cat a little light from the front, even though the ambient light WOULD HAVE been enough to expose the photo. But anything against a bright background will become silhouetted, and I believe you had planned to really SHOW us the cats and not only their silhouettes?
And do try to find that macro button on your camera and switch that on any time you move up closer to your subject.
Else you'll lose your focus all the time.
All your faraway shots are fine, and the close-ups are not.

LaFoto said:
Jennifer, in cases like the one described in Photo 3, i.e. a backlit BLACK cat, you'd be wise to use the flash of your camera to give the cat a little light from the front, even though the ambient light WOULD HAVE been enough to expose the photo. But anything against a bright background will become silhouetted, and I believe you had planned to really SHOW us the cats and not only their silhouettes?
And do try to find that macro button on your camera and switch that on any time you move up closer to your subject.
Else you'll lose your focus all the time.
All your faraway shots are fine, and the close-ups are not.

Thanks, I've been trying to play around with my macro setting...hopefully I'll get it right soon:blushing: .

Most reactions

Back