Caught Between a Rock and a Hard Place...

Definitely give it a go. Let him know that for the interior shots you are going to need a wide angle lens. As someone suggested, this could be a good chance to get some new gear. Have him rent you a lens and a couple of flashes. Depending on the interior give it a go with some HDR shots. Do your best, take a LOT of shots. The more the better. Try the "standard" shots as well as some creative ones. Try to capture the details of the build. Shoot anything interesting architecturally. Once you are done trash the ones you KNOW are not good and let them have a look at the rest. It will be up to them to decide if they want to use them or not. At try and do your absolute best for them! Heck you might even get something out of it! (Besides good experience.)

Remember you can also do panoramic shots if you don't have wide angle lens. Bring a tripod for HDR as well. Heck, do HDR panos.

Oh and at 15, I also took photos for my dad's company catalogs and websites. Very similar to what you are tasked to do, photos of buildings and interiors. Back then I was using a 35mm SLR. They weren't professional, but they were more than enough to convey the message.

If you need help with post processing, I am more than willing to lend a hand.

Most reactions

Back