The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We were going through a long natural cave that led under a mountain and the going was tough.
There were lights that illuminated the ceiling every so often but the cave walls seemed to soak up most of the illumination.
The floor was incredibly rough and we spent most of the time clambering over large, slick rocks. (Did I mention the ceiling had lots of bats?)

Every so often there was a statue of the Buddha and it was lit either with yellow or blue lights, that helped the walking/climbing/scrambling not much at all.
This was a 2 second exposure at iso 800 with the camera on a rock.

p468514295-5.jpg

That's gorgeous. Great shot. As for the rock, the best tripod is the one you have with you.

the hotspot from the light on the rocks was over processed.

I'm not sure what that means...? :scratch: These colors look warm and soft, and the exposure is lovely. I don't see a hot spot.

It looks beautiful in there, and quite trippy! :) Nice one, Lew.

I'm not sure what that means...? :scratch: These colors look warm and soft, and the exposure is lovely. I don't see a hot spot.

It looks beautiful in there, and quite trippy! :) Nice one, Lew.

Look directly above/to the right of the light by the Buddas. The area that looks green with a white/grey center is what he is talking about. Also looks severely over processed to me as well.

I gotcha, it just doesn't appear as a hotspot to me - looks like there is shadow detail in there, so that's how I took it. Only Lew can tell us for sure if he fiddled with it. The lighting appears low and quite staged, bouncing about the walls.

Most reactions

Back