CC...need some feedback here on this tree

:meh:

Sorry, but it's probably best to try again. Some nice lines, but not enough to hold an interest.

Not sure why you want the sky dark in this particular photo, because the tree branches would be lost and the tones would be muddy. If you want the tree to look strange or apocalyptic or whatever, consider using a wide-angle lens, or a pinhole.

For what it's worth:

edit-10.jpg

I actually really like white's edit...just saying. :)
blue

To be honest I think the original shot is nice.

If you get that kinda shot again, bump up your ISO, and lower your shutter speed.

I know you didnt know about manual settings, and they take a while to get used to after punching auto all the time, but it will turn your photos out MUCH better

Great subject for HDR.....no? :raisedbrow:

Thought Id show you my edit

DSC_228512.jpg

aww thanks for trying! but I already have one that I took that looks like that, because the flash came on...I wanted the tree stark black against a very dark sky...the effect was in the clouds and the shape of the tree...but thanks for giving it a go :)

Great subject for HDR.....no? :raisedbrow:

You know I just tried my first hdr last night...didnt' turn out so great.
I couldn't find any helpful links to show me how to do an HDR with just one photo, using pscs2.

I'd give it a try if I could figure it out.

Try layering two exposures, one exposed for the sky and one exposed for the foreground. Open the file in Camera RAW, expose one for sky and expose a copy for the foreground. Open your image exposed for the sky in PS, then use the "place" command (PS3 has this command, not sure about PS2) and open the image exposed for the foreground on top of the first image. Create a layer mask and erase the sky area using a large brush. then merge the two layers. I had found a great link explaining this, but now I can't find it, and I am still on my first cup of coffee, so not sure if my explanation is very clear! Hope it helps get you started though!

Try layering two exposures, one exposed for the sky and one exposed for the foreground. Open the file in Camera RAW, expose one for sky and expose a copy for the foreground. Open your image exposed for the sky in PS, then use the "place" command (PS3 has this command, not sure about PS2) and open the image exposed for the foreground on top of the first image. Create a layer mask and erase the sky area using a large brush. then merge the two layers. I had found a great link explaining this, but now I can't find it, and I am still on my first cup of coffee, so not sure if my explanation is very clear! Hope it helps get you started though!

I will bookmark this page...THANKS! Ill see if I can do it...I dont know what I did wrong the HDR I did last night of a pointsetts, except for starters I didn't focus all the way (I was just doing it to see how it came out...and didnt have alot of time until the kids came back and starting wrecking my sh**) but I will def give this a try!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back