CC on First picture I've posted here

krice300

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is the first picture I have posted here and I'm just looking for some feedback on the technicals of the photo. It was an indoor auto show so there was alot of business in the background. This photo has had no post-processing done to it and I am just wondering what you all think of the photo.

Thanks

Attachments

• $LSF 2013 autosho_006.JPG
    $LSF 2013 autosho_006.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 130
Not bad, but not that creative seems as if everyone uses that angle. Think out of the box even if your lying flat on the ground, you will grab more attention with your photos if you get creative !

The car is ballin! Now for the picture... lol jk. I'm not sure. I would think Zooming in and getting a different angle of the car would really stand out. But hey it's a cool pic.

Just went to the Chicago Auto Show this last weekend and kept trying to find interesting new angles to shoot...not as easy as I thought it would be! You definitely got your subject focused, and the exposure looks good to me!​

I agree with Candy, the photo is technically fine, now it's time to work on composition. Trying to get people out of the pic, shadows (far right, what is that?), etc, etc.

Chicago is where I was this year. Overall a good show but getting angles on some of the cars was tough. I have a few more that I thought were pretty good as well. Maybe I can get them up later.

I would have taken the photo from lower, rather than standing I'd crouch down to give the front of the car a more dramatic effect. Other than that, very nice crisp picture.

Sorry but the photo is nothing special. Yeah it's sharp well lit but that's it, you see this angle from every photographer who goes to an auto show. If you want to make something creative try doing a tighter shot or highlighting a specific aspect of the car.

Let me just turn it around. OP, are you happy with it ? Are you satisfied with a photo that is identical to hundreds of others taken by people who stood where you stood and pointed their camera at a that same car ? It's ok... it's focused and exposed decently, but you did nothing to create an image that was unique or interesting.

Here are a few others from the show. Hard to get the people out of the shots

$DSC_0967.JPG$DSC_0921.JPG$DSC_0911.JPG

If your subject is "car" then other elements (people and others things) present in the frame should not be in sharp focus. Use shallow depth of field by opeining the aperture so that viewer's eye doesnt get attracted to other things.

Chicago is where I was this year.

I was at the show on Friday, what day were you there?

I like the last three much more! I am a sucker for photographing car emblems, so I really like #2 (the M6). I do agree with rasskohx10, drop that aperture as low as you can and it will be easier to make the car the focus of the photos. What lens were you shooting with?

I went on the opening Saturday later in the evening when people were starting to clear out. It was actually a pleasant experience as there were not the hoards of people that are usually clogging the place up during the day. I agree that the show has been going a bit downhill in the last two years. The Comcast garage was nice but the cars were still pretty far away there. I was using the nikon 17-35 2.8.

It would have also been good to have an external flash as some of the engine bays were dark and getting in the cars was dark.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back