CC - pedestrian walk, trees, puddle

Abby Rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some trees in a puddle on the pedestrian walk to my dorm. I don't usually put this many things in the frame, so this is sort of out of the norm for me. :meh:

What do you think? I think I did too much saturation (as usual, getting carried away...:blushing:) Should I go back and re-edit? Or is it so bad anyway that it's not worth the memory on my computer? :sexywink:

3-15-10DSC09369B.jpg

I like using water for reflections and that works here a little.

However, the fence is a bit hard on the eyes. There isn't anything that grabs my attention here in the image. The top 1/3rd is completely busy with branches everywhere obscuring whatever is in the background.

I looked through your 365 a bit and you have a lot of interesting stuff there, it's great you try different things. Maybe a different angle here with less going on might work better.

I actually find myself looking at the narrow path on the bottom left hand corner and wondering about that.

Bike path. ;) Goes to a bridge. Maybe I'll have to try a picture of that.

Thanks! :)

That's a really nice shot. I'd be proud to call it my own.

But even before I read your post, I thought "too saturated." A little extra is good a lot of times. But more does not always mean better.

I usually set my Canon to 'positive film' mode for a slight boost all around, and the SLR to go one step up in saturation.

Again, nice job.

Abby
Looking back on my shots, I also am guilty of the same issue we see in the top of your shot.

Maybe you can do us a favor...
Go back to the spot you shot from, get much closer to the ground and shoot the same angle, but eliminate the tree tops and make the fence the top of your shot.
Maybe take a shot that gives the width, which means the tree tops may be in the shot - crop them out and make it somewhat like a panorama.

Thanks

Abby
I hope you do not mind, I cropped the photo.
I did it so the fence is your focus.

I play with my shots all the time. Sometimes I like what I see, other times I kick myself in the pants for wasting time. :mrgreen:

fence.jpg

Hey, I like that edit. Thanks! :)

I'll have to get my butt back over there later and try again, before that puddle dries up.

Most reactions

Back