CC please

Derosa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are my fist decent shots from the new t2i. Trying to upload photos from Picasa...if it doesn't work, someone let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

1. My daughter got a kick out of the "lips" on this cone (which is about the size of a dime). It is a Dawn Redwood.

2. Not my daughter...feel free to CC :mrgreen:

3. Guitar...is mine, feel free to CC anyhow, I have a thick skin...

cone.jpg

taste.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Last edited:
People dont like to click links here . And they not working. Go to the beginning of this forum and read how to post photos so we can cc them.

Yea...thanks, I get it.. Picasa is not covered in the tutorial...and doesn't yield much by way of a search of the forum. A little help?

These are my fist decent shots from the new t2i. Trying to upload photos from Picasa...if it doesn't work, someone let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

1. My daughter got a kick out of the "lips" on this cone (which is about the size of a dime). It is a Dawn Redwood.

2. Not my daughter...feel free to CC :mrgreen:

3. Guitar...is mine, feel free to CC anyhow, I have a thick skin...

cone.jpg

taste.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

there ya go. You just needed a backslash, / , at the end of the code.
IMG*] (without the star ofcourse)

1 - I like it. Nice rule of thirds, nice DOF. i think it could benefit from some selective sharpening

2 - Best of the bunch in my opinion. nice composition. i'd brighten things up a bit, but think it's a nice photo

3 - like this photo as well. nice 'eye' to see this photographic opportunity. i, personally, would have used more DOF to bring the entire guitar into focus as the composition is nice enough without the shallow DOF. but, that's a personal preference thing more than anything else.

1 - I like it. Nice rule of thirds, nice DOF. i think it could benefit from some selective sharpening

Thanks, and much appreciated!

I am rather new at this. Can you be more specific about "selective sharpening." Do you mean applying sharpening to only the cone, for example?

I am rather new at this. Can you be more specific about "selective sharpening." Do you mean applying sharpening to only the cone, for example?

Derosa,
What Photo Editing software do you have and use? All of the Editing software I use has a sharpening feature under the word Filter. They also have features for Contrast, color management, Color Saturation, Levels, etc.

I hope you don't mind, but I saved your photo to my hard drive and then I set about doing a little editing on your very nice photo #1.
I used a simple, Free program called Photofiltre to edit it.
PhotoFiltre - Download

Here is what I came up with for your photo:

conebygrandpawrichard.jpg

What I did was to adjust the Levels, the contrast, a little touch on Saturation and then Sharpness. It was simple and only took a few seconds to do. Then I added the little frame. :)

Dick

really like #2, #3 is a great pic but its been done a zillion times, all in all good captures

Derosa,
What Photo Editing software do you have and use? All of the Editing software I use has a sharpening feature under the word Filter. They also have features for Contrast, color management, Color Saturation, Levels, etc.

I hope you don't mind, but I saved your photo to my hard drive and then I set about doing a little editing on your very nice photo #1.
I used a simple, Free program called Photofiltre to edit it.
PhotoFiltre - Download

Here is what I came up with for your photo:

conebygrandpawrichard.jpg

What I did was to adjust the Levels, the contrast, a little touch on Saturation and then Sharpness. It was simple and only took a few seconds to do. Then I added the little frame. :)

Dick

That's rather over sharpened. Globally at that. Selective sharpening is done to sharpen the subject in focus, and not effect the background.

Wow! Bringing back an oldie. I left this thread for dead.
Yeah. Not a fan of the over-sharpened image.

Most reactions

Back