CC please

Rosy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would you - leave in color? Make it all b/w
Do any of you have any links to 'perfecting' to a b/w conversion?
Composition? Exposure? Any and all CC ALWAYS needed

jb by casualapproach, on Flickr

The watermark is waaay distracting.
Now that you've done selective desaturation, please promise me you'll never do it again :)
And leave it all in colour.

Everyone goes through the selective color stage. Everyone grows out of it after about 15 minutes. B&W OR color, but never try for both.

Anything but selective color, for me it never looks good

call this selective coloring INTERVENTION - got it. Promise, promise I WILL
NEVER DO THIS AGAIN....

anything on the composition? the watermark was for the client

It captures a moment nicely. Depth of field makes the subject work. B&W please.

However... I'm certain the client went OOH and AAH over the shot like it is.

It captures a moment nicely. Depth of field makes the subject work. B&W please.

However... I'm certain the client went OOH and AAH over the shot like it is.

yeah - and the fact thht i had just finished my 2nd CS5 course so i still had the PP shakes and wanted to selective color EVERYTHING

Rosy said:
yeah - and the fact thht i had just finished my 2nd CS5 course so i still had the PP shakes and wanted to selective color EVERYTHING

Selective color all the things!!!!!

I need to make an Internet meme image with that text

Congratulations on the most unanimous C&C :) I'm glad my instructor never touched on selective colouring.

Selective color isn't ALWAYS bad... My photographer for my maternity shoot did an excellent job with a blue ribbon around my belly. It just requires a very particular image. I agree that this is not one of those images but it would e great in all B&W.

Selective color isn't ALWAYS bad... My photographer for my maternity shoot did an excellent job with a blue ribbon around my belly. It just requires a very particular image. I agree that this is not one of those images but it would e great in all B&W.

Nope, thats still bad. You just like it because its you :)

Rosy, your B&Ws do need help. How are you making them now?

sharpiegoddess said:

But isn't the whole point of Selective coloring to draw the viewers attention to the subject??? Most of the selective color I've seen is done wrong. For example a b/w image of a little kid with their hat colored - by coloring the hat you are telling the viewer that the hat is most important.
Same kind of thing with your maternity photo - I doubt the ribbon was the most important aspect of the shot. I'm not saying your maternity shot wasn't cute - a lot of people like selective color.

Most reactions

Back