CC - Sexy Photoshoot - NN but might be NSFW

Thanks, once again to InTempus for your willingness to share your knowledge in such a positive way. I have only been on this forum for a month or so and I have used your c&c as an example as the template for kind of feedback and people it takes to make a great forum.
Thank you! I learn something every time you post.

Wow. So much to reply yo. so many valid points. Very humbling and I learned a lot. especially about lighting and bringing her to life as well as her expressions and connecting with the camera. I am going to send a few PMs but the comments have been great. Thanks again!

1: Looks un-interested. Lighting and focus is off (in general across all the images). The position of her hands is distracting IMO.

2: Great smile, but the background and the glare on her right collar/breast looks very distracting, as does the smaller glare and shadow on her right collar/breast.

3: Great pose, but the distortion makes her head look huge. I love the effect of the strap around her arm.

4: A good shot but might be better if she were looking to (camera) left.

5: Keep it in color, or go straight B/W.

6: A good shot IMO. The background could use a little cleaning up, including what appears to be the shadow of her foot.

7: My fav. That's a sexy photo! The b/g color could be something besides yellowish, but this one is much sexier than the rest.

Keep at it, and keep posting more pictures. There's a lot of good advice in this thread, so if you've got access to this young lady take advantage of it and take heed of the critiques. They may sting a little but they will surely make you a better photog, and could help your model as well! :thumbup:

I gotta see some of the females some of you fellas are pullin' to call that chick "unattractive". . .are you sh*tting me?
No kidding. She's a gorgeous model, I would shoot with her without hesitation.

I do have access to her pretty frequently. Im shooting her again on Thursday morning hopefully. I bought 2, 20" softboxes 500 watts each.

any advice?

a different one from the same shoot

removed

Last edited:
It is amazing the difference a little light makes. This last one is my favorite. Have fun with the softboxes, lots of options just opened up to you now.

Here is a link that I found helpful to start learning about lighting placement. The thing I like about this site was the ability to click on lighting placement and then see the result on a portrait of having the lights in those places.

Foundations of Lighting Placement

Good luck and I hope to see some great pics from your next shoot.

They seem a little soft and flat to me. Try having more light, I think your camera may be struggling to get a focus with the low level of light. As for the flat, try getting the model closer to the light source, and get inbetween the light source and your model, ie have the window behind you and either to the left or the right. This should give you some contrast.

The only pose I sorta like is the last one. Try the same pose but with her chin slightly lower and her eyes closed maybe.

Most reactions

Back