CD Burner

Do you just need to burn CDs (probably DVD as well)?

I don't know that any of them are really any better than others, unless you want something specific. I'm going to get a Lightscribe burner one of these days.

Any more specific criteria you're looking for? I'd say stick with at least somewhat of a name brand and any of them should work just fine.

Check out Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! if you don't know of it already (unless you're looking to buy locally, of course). Might even be able to catch one on their 'Daily Deals.'

Direct to CD/DVD Burners: Newegg.com - DVD-R Burner, DVD Burner, CD Burner, CD/DVD Burners, CD-R/CDRW Burner, DVD-R/DVD-RW Burners

Last time I checked, Newegg didn't ship to Canada.

Sorry, you're right. I didn't even think to check Rodeo's location. My apologies!

Almost any burners now are going to support both CD and DVD burning, and they're also all plenty fast these days (22X or 24X for CDs, mostly). Even good optical drives are pretty cheap so I wouldn't break the bank for one that's a few times faster than the other. Sony, LG, HP, LiteOn are all good brands to go with.

You may need to determine if you want or need SATA or IDE. SATA is a faster connection, assuming your computer (motherboard) has SATA support and free connections.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back