Cecil County Nastalgia Drag Event - C&C

EDL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On a road trip for work and brought the camera along. Had planned to head down to DC, but found out there was a drag racing event here in Rising Sun, MD this weekend, so decided to go there instead. Wow, didn't realize shooting drag cars was so challenging! Some cloudiness, so it was shifting bright sun, to cloud cover frequently. Had me dancing on the ISO and shutter speeds a fair bit.

Here's a few for C&C:

1. $DPP_7100.jpg

2. $DPP_7102.jpg

3. $DPP_7118.jpg

4. $DPP_7136.jpg

5. $DPP_7148.jpg

6. $DPP_7173.jpg

7. $DPP_7190.jpg

8. $DPP_7153.jpg

I've had my 2000 altima on that track. Ran a 15.7. Cool shots!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

These are all good shots. In drag racing you shouldn't be worrying about the cloudiness of the background. It is part of the process. Worry more about the smell. Some like it, but I don't. I like #2 and #5 best as they come from the cloudy exhaust....

Actually, that's smoke from the tires. I wasn't worried about a cloudy background, but shooting at 100 ISO, keeping the aperture closed enough to keep things in focus, and keep the shutter speed up high to freeze the launch...then suddenly a cloud covers the sun, then it was a quick switch to ISO 200, or even 400 to keep the shutter where I wanted it, then the sun jumps back out....

The smell doesn't bother me. Been around drag racing for years, but this was the first one I've been to a race since getting my camera.

Most reactions

Back