Cedar Waxwing (x3)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There was a cedar waxing hanging out at a pond in Baxter State Park, ME, yesterday morning; so I shot it.

One:
_DSC4615.jpg

Two:
_DSC4570.jpg

Three:
_DSC4567.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments, critiques, and jokes are all welcome and appreciated. Peace.

Really nice!

I like :)

What a cool bird. Neat shot with him taking off, too. I'm surprised you got the black background effect on just a 1/250 exposure.

The shots do look a TOUCH dark... not sure if you wanted that effect. Seems to lose some of the detail on the bird.

Still, though... really nice. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, those are beautiful!
I've always wanted to see a cedar waxwing, but haven't yet.

Nice shots of a pretty bird. Why is it dark in the morning where you live?

They are such a pretty bird, and I rarely see them around here (but I live in a built up area, so that's not surprising). Love the third shot - the light is so warm looking, and you can see all the bird's markings.

#2 is okay, but why are they so dark?

#1 is meh at best and #3 has that blurry stuff in the lower left. They all seem to be slightly underexposed.

Just curious why everyone is falling all over these shots?

#2 is okay, but why are they so dark?

#1 is meh at best and #3 has that blurry stuff in the lower left. They all seem to be slightly underexposed.

Just curious why everyone is falling all over these shots?

They aren't really that dark. And the blurry stuff in the lower left of #3 would be a background object that I didn't feel like shooting at a small enough aperture to have sharp and distracting. I sort of deduced that a rock in a lake wasn't really going to add much to a shot of a bird. Someone seems kinda fussy, eh?

Not so much fussy as curious.

It is a beautiful bird.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back